Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 17 Dubois Wyoming to Riverton Wyoming

Day 17

Its cool this morning...in the 40's. No so surprising since we are at 7000 ft in Dubois. Interesting little cowboy town. Mark and I went out for a beer last night to a neighborhood bar next door to the motel. We were a tad out of place in our sandals and shorts...everybody else(locals)were in cowboy hats and boots. They were square dancing in the back room and I think all 900 residents of the town might have been in there! Its still legal to smoke in public places in Wyoming I guess. so it was a short night for us!


Antlers are still popular here. Wagin loads...sculptures...you name it and its made of antlers. And skulls! oh well. We leave early for our daily 80 miles! A gentle headwind but really manageable. The rock formations are marvelous.



This is some ranchers gate post. Interesting. Lots of wide open range framed by snowy mountains on the north and south(we are generally headed east).




And here's moi. Early and still in my brand new rain coat(breaks the wind nicely). My beautiful GF bought it for me before I left home! That's the Wind River behind me. Just so you'll know! There will be a test!



The early morning sun on the hills brings out the colors! Can you say, wow!



One of our SAG stops is next to this old motel. Vestiges of days gone by.



And late in the day, I find a tiny Catholic church. Its well maintained and something not seen anywhere else.

So...here I am in central Wyoming. I finish the day feeling good...although tomorrow is 120 miles to Casper. We'll talk tomorrow!





























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment