Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 15 Idaho Falls to Jackson Wyoming

Day 15

Everybody is on edge about our 90 plus mile ride to Jackson Hole. We have two substantial passes to negotiate in addition to all the miles. Its out of Idaho Falls and out through yet more farm and ranch lands. We start climbing almost immediately. A small group of us stop about 20 miles out of town to celebrate our first 1000 miles of the ride. Then we travel along the Snake River for a long while. Its truly amazing to think this river finally empties in the Pacific Ocean, where we started our travels 2 weeks ago in Astoria. One of my favorite highway signs!



We leave Idaho behind and are into Wyoming at about the 70 mile mark today. What, this guy's never been here before or what?
Our first pass today is Pine Creek Pass at 6764 ft. Our travels take us along a beautiful creek and then its over the pass.


The small town of Victor offers some bright colored poppies and the chance to buy that Edsel Corsair you always wanted! Drive it home!



Then the climb of the day to 8431 ft Teton Pass and the overlook into Jackson hole Valley.

The camera cannot record the majesty of this country called Wyoming. Here are some pics of some vantage points going down to Wilson and Jackson hole.






And finally a look back up the mountain. Stunning. I get in about 3 pm after about 9 hours on the saddle. I am destroyed physically. It was a really tough climb. I think this is the biggest hardest day of my biking career. My butt is sore...my legs are tired...my right achilles is starting to hurt...and I paid how much for this? Ah, a bargain at any price.































No comments:

Post a Comment